Monday, January 14

Not much going on

We went to the zoo on Friday with some friends and had a great time. Here are a few photos of the fun.

Looking at the big rhino:

IMG_6194

Cati was so excited about the white tigers and she was calling for Ali to come see them. Poor Ali, the entire time we were at the zoo, Cati was calling after her..."Ali, come here, Ali...Look at this, Ali...Come on,Ali...Mama, where's Ali?" Bless her little heart, Cati's enthusiasm has an intensity that is overwhelming sometimes.

IMG_6201

McConnell & Cati...sooooo cute!

IMG_6218

Cati, Ali, and Ruffin washing their hands after feeding the big goldfish:

IMG_6225

Cati and Ali outside the petting zoo. Of course, if you know me at all, then you know I didn't let Cati touch the animals. I'm trying to get comfortable with the idea, but I'm just not there yet.

IMG_6230 IMG_6233

Gus and Connell looking at the huge manatees. They look so gentle and playful, those manatees. It's very upsetting to see all their scars from boat propellers.

IMG_6244

Look at those sweet girls:

IMG_6250

A couple more cute pictures from the weekend. Tio Matty and Tia Jules gave Gussy the most adorable and life-like stuffed animals for Christmas, a catfish and a brown trout. Gus loves them and kisses them on the lips (do fish have lips?). It's adorable!

Here, he was just sitting there watching tv and petting his fish. So cute!

IMG_6257

Fish kisses!

IMG_6259

Gussy and Mama vacuuming together!

IMG_6266

3 comments:

UKNat said...

I'm probably a bad mom, but I let Scott take Ford in to pet the animals and I sit on the bench outside the petting zoo and wait for them. I grew up in KY, but I didn't grow up on a farm. Yuck!

You always have such cute pictures of your kids! Love and miss you! Nat

stmclaughlin said...

Oh, the Huge Manatee!!

Matt said...

Cause the animals will bite? Cause they are dirty? I don't know.

Gus must be tiny! Those fish aren't that big! But I'm glad he likes them. They are the most "Boy" stuffed animal I ever saw. Especially that ugly-face catfish!