


Yesterday, we attended a crawfish boil hosted by one of Louie's colleagues, a doctor whose family is from New Orleans. I made it known pretty much as soon as we stepped out of the car that I was there for the food and that I wouldn't be wasting much time chit-chatting. I was very pleased with how authentic it all was. It definitely brought me back...the only thing missing were the plastic beer trays that we ate our crawfish in the winter/watermelon in the summer on when we were growing up.
The crawfish were just okay - not the best that I've had, only small- to medium-sized, but the seasoning was perfect (the rookies were complaining that their lips were on fire!) and any crawfish are better than none at all. Catalina kept saying, "You sure do love to eat crawfish, Mama." Some of you will think I'm exaggerating when I say this, but between the crawfish, potatoes, garlic cloves, corn, and mushrooms, I really did eat until I was sick. Just ask my husband. Or, you could ask our host. He told me at one point that he could tell the men from the boys, so to speak, and that I was keeping up with the men. I loved every minute of it and I only wished that my grandparents, my little brother, and my parents were there to enjoy it with me.


There was a "bounce house" for the kids, which Cati and Gus really enjoyed.


1 comment:
girl I can't believe how BIG your children are now....you look beautiful as ever too....Hope all is going well for you all. We are waiting to get back in PGN with our CASE with Kya's brother Jagger...HUGS
Post a Comment