Monday, February 25

Long time, no see

Sorry it has been so long, people. Louie was sick last week, so I had to take wake-up, dinner, bath, and bed duty on my own and those are really the only times that I can blog. Papa's feeling better now and we had a great weekend.

My friend, Merritt, and I ran a 10k in St. Pete on Saturday. We went over on Friday to pick up our race packets and the kids had fun, as usual.

Picture 002

Climbing on a big, cool tree:

Picture 028

Before and after our 10k:

Picture 035 Picture 037

Cati and McConnell ran in a fun run after our race. The kids were split into age groups and Cati had a little meltdown at the last minute before her run. She decided she wanted to run with Connell in his race. Look how cute they are in their race shirts and numbers!!

Picture 071

She was especially excited about the finisher's medal and about the balloons and face painting after the run.

Picture 074

Gus just climbed up in my lap at the computer, saw the picture below, and said, "Balloon doggie."

Picture 090

Cati was very serious while having her face painted.

Picture 104

The finished product...I've never, ever seen a cuter kitty (sorry to my Dixie-cat, may he rest in peace):

Picture 114

On Saturday night, I gave our little kitty a haircut. Every morning when we're getting ready, I have to fight with her to let me comb her hair and then she inevitably winds up crying. Problem solved. I did a pretty decent job, but Tia Jules might have to clean it up a bit during her visit in a few weeks.

Here's our newly-shorn sweetie before church on Sunday in our front yard:

IMG_7557

With Gussy:

IMG_7546

2 comments:

The Frugal Countess said...

Cati's hair is DARLING! I love it! And I'm so proud of you with your running! I should be so healthy! :-)

Matt said...

Her hair looks perty cute! If she wants to play beauty shop I'll oblige that, but it looks like you did a good job. Teo Matt has to twist my arm for me to play Barber Shop on him.