Wednesday, March 26

We've got lots of catching up to do

Because I've been such a blog-slacker over the past few weeks, I've got lots of catching up to do. Nothing new on the Max front, except that I will be taking a trip to visit him in a few weeks. It makes me feel sick to think about leaving Catalina and Gus even for a day, but I am still very eager to meet our little man in Guatemala.

Back here at home, we've been busy over the past few weeks, as usual. We went to the Florida Strawberry Festival with some of Louie's colleagues and their families. It was really a lot of fun, until Gus had an absolute breakdown while we waited for the pig races to start (I was fine with leaving at that point because I don't really condone that kind of thing and I was feeling really guilty and gross about watching it anyway). A couple of photos from the strawberry festival fun:

IMG_7779

IMG_7846

Waiting in the lllong line to make their own strawberry shortcake. Personally, I prefer Natalie McLaughlin to make my strawberry shortcake, but what they made was okay and Cati had fun doing it.

IMG_7796

Then, the Hardees came for a visit. I have been looking forward to this visit for months because we're just never all in the same place anymore. It was so much fun and we loved having them here.

We surprised Bibi and Grandad at baggage claim. Cati tapped Bibi on the leg and was so shocked and happy when she realized who it was! I wish I had a picture of Bibi's face, it was so cute and Cati was really excited that she pulled off the surprise.

Grandad let Gussy ride on the baggage carousel. Gus walked around all puffed-up and proud for the next hour!

IMG_7923

Sorry, I've got to run. I guess this catching-up will have to happen in parts. Have a great day!

2 comments:

Lessen Family said...

Love the pics! Maybe we'll be in Guatemala at the same time! Take care!

UKNat said...

Thanks for the shortcake props, Ab.

I LOVE all the pictures. I've looked through lots of them on flickr. I need to try and look at all of them.

LOVE! Natalie