Tuesday, April 1

Getting ready for my trip & various embarassing pictures of Gus

Over the past few days, I've been preparing to visit and fall irreversibly, head-over-heels in love with baby Max. It's less than two weeks away. We've gotten a few toys and outfits for him, plus there are a few of Gussy's outfits that might work. While we were shopping and when I was washing and folding his little outfits, I got a familiar nervous, almost dreadful, feeling in my stomach, the same feeling I got when preparing for trips to visit Cati and Gus. From the first moment that I met those two, I knew that I wouldn't be okay or normal again until they were home with us forever. The very first second changed everything and there was no going back. Granted, this time, I know that I won't be as crazy as I was last time because I have two kids at home that need their somewhat-sane mama to hold their worlds together. But, I do know that as soon as I meet Max, everything for me will change. Right now, I'm scared out of my mind, but that will evolve into excitement, and I know that my trip will be four days of pure joy. You can expect lots of pictures and lots of babbling on and on about how gorgeous and perfect and wonderful he is. That's just how it goes.

Speaking of perfect and wonderful babies, two of our dear friends welcomed babies in the past week…Brooke and Dave’s baby girl, Madelyn, and Holly (“my Holly”) and Dan’s baby boy, Andrew! Next week, Fraser and Bill are expecting baby Will. We had lunch with big sis, Hadley, and Fraser and her baby bump last week. Who else agrees with me that Fra does not look like she’s ready to have a baby next week?!

IMG_8886

The Easter bunny gave Catalina this dress and we love it. She would sleep in it if we let her.

IMG_8876

Gus wouldn’t sit still long enough for a group pic. An elderly lady at the grocery store yesterday asked if he was a boy or a girl. Louie would say that means it’s time for another haircut.

IMG_8880

And, speaking of Gussy looking like a girl, Catalina’s favorite thing to do lately play dress-up with her little brother. It’s really funny, but I guess Gus might not love these pictures when he gets a bit older. I guess maybe I should buy him a knight or a cowboy costume. Ooh, or a pirate. He love to say "Arrgh!"

IMG_8909

Picture 013

IMG_7859

Picture 017

3 comments:

stmclaughlin said...

If Gus ever gets embarrassed, you have our permission to show him a picture of Ford in pink cowgirl boots. :)

The Frugal Countess said...

I have some pretty incriminating pics of my little brother in a dress and makeup from when he was 3. I would whip those out anytime he had a girlfriend. ;-)

Can't wait to hear about your trip! I know it's going to be hard (to leave) - but no matter what you are going to give baby man the gift of being able to fill in the gaps for him about his time apart from you. That really is a gift - as much as it will hurt to give him back. And I'm praying and believing for you all the way!

(And you know a little wine and a few days on the couch afterwards won't be the end of the world either if it comes to that ;-) xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

UKNat said...

OK, Gus IS a beautiful child. BUT, does he look like a girl? NO! Unless he has on a tutu, of course. What was the old lady thinking? LOVE! Nat