Monday, May 12

A little dose of Maxito to start your Monday off right!

Louie arrived home last night from his first trip to visit our baby Max. Papa had an incredible time with Max, who loved him from the very start of the trip. No crying fits like I had last month. Louie also enjoyed, like I did, getting to visit a little with the foster family. The foster mom was apprehensive about Louie taking care of the baby by himself (remember that in their culture, the men are much less involved in the childcare). When she arrived to drop Max off at the hotel, she looked at Louie, then our facilitator, and said "Where's the wife?" Again, that reluctance to trust other people with our baby only makes us love and trust her more. On guatadopt.com's Mother's Day posting, one of the authors made this beautiful observation regarding Guatemalan foster moms:
And to the true heroines of Gutaemalan adoptions..the cuidadoras (foster moms)... I don't know what else to say but thank you! In the current crisis where adoptions are taking longer, more than ever it is you who will ensure that the children are impacted as little as possible. And it is you who will have the ever more difficult job of handing over a child who you have come to love like your own.
We are truly thankful for our foster families (both our current one and also the family that cared for Cati and Gus during their adoption process). There are not enough words to express our love and gratitude.

So, here are a few photos of our gorgeous child (I'll try to post more pictures later today or tomorrow, but Gus has a swim lesson and I've got to get going). I can't believe how much Max has grown since I saw him last month!

IMG_1091

IMG_1163

2 comments:

Kara Oosterhous said...

AB:

He is beautiful! Again, I smile when I look at those boys and at Louie... they look so much like him! You are blessed and we will keep praying for his safety and a quick reunion with his family. All is well here. Had to take Zac to the doctor this morning for a bloody gash on the back of his head (fell out of the stroller on to a rock) luckily no concussion, staples or stitches. He and his brother just left for an overnight camping trip with daddy. Hugs, boo

The Frugal Countess said...

What a snuggly little bunny baby! I love all the pictures - he is just darling and he needs to be home with his Mami, Papi, Gussy and Sissy.