Monday, May 19

Stir Crazy

Sorry that I didn't follow-up with more pictures of Max. I was sick last week, so the only energy I had was spent shoving snacks and juice and dvds at my kids just to get them to leave me alone. It didn't help that Louie had a long week at work: a couple of late nights (9:30 p.m. and 1:30 a.m.) and then a golf tournament on Saturday. Lucky for me, I have some pretty incredible friends...on my worst day, Lyndsay brought over lunch for the kids and then Merritt picked them up, took them to her house, ran them ragged, fed them dinner, then sent them home right before bedtime. Can you believe how thoughtful and sweet they are?

We usually get out of the house and do something fun everyday, so the kids got pretty stir crazy after a few days stuck in the house with me. I tried to do a few things with them here and there when I felt like it. I'm lucky that they are pretty easily amused and they really entertain each other a lot of the time.

Playing at the mall:

IMG_1312

IMG_1347

A picnic in our family room:

IMG_1421

On Saturday, we went to a local toystore to meet Elmo! I knew that Gus would be apprehensive, since he grabs me and hides his head when the sweet and precious 92 year-old-man that bags our groceries every week speaks to him (By the way, I'm not exaggerating about his age. He looks amazing and is so nice and kind. I asked him his secret and he says it's "staying active." He's had this job since his 70s. I purposely go to his checkout line because I just like talking to him.) Back to Elmo, I knew that Gus would be shy, but I thought that Cati would at least take a picture with him. No such luck, but she did take a picture of me with Elmo. And, at one point, Gus got within a couple of feet of "Elmo's World" (that's what Gus kept calling him).

This is when Gussy first saw him (you can see that he's pointing and actually saying "Elmo" here):

IMG_1434

Hiding behind Cati:

IMG_1440

Playing near him:

IMG_1446

Mama and Elmo:

IMG_1443

2 comments:

UKNat said...

I Love the picture of Elmo and you! I hope you are feeling better this week. Love, Nat

Steve Simpson said...

Hope you're feeling better. I've had a cold ever since we got back from Guatemala - and it won't go away (it's even gotten a little worse recently).

I notice that you had Firehouse Subs for your picnic. I love Firehouse, and I wish they would expand farther north (the farthest north I've seen them is South Carolina). I go there a couple times a week whenever I work in Jacksonville.

Take care.