Tuesday, May 27

Time flies when you're having fun

We had a fun week and weekend, so time just got away from me. Now, I have the whole week to catch up on. Cati and Gus have been keeping me busy (and keeping a smile on my face), which is good because whenever I have had downtime lately, I have been getting pretty sad about Max. Just missing him and wanting him home and sometimes fearing the worst (i.e., that this adoption won't work out). Lucky for me, I don't usually have much time to dwell on it before Cati and Gus remind me that the best use of my time is taking care of my family that is right here in front of me and not worrying about things that are out of my control. The sermon at church on Sunday was on worry and the message definitely wasn't lost on me. It came at just the right time, so I'm trying to stay on track this week and also trying to remember the verse that I posted up all around me when we were going through Cati and Gussy's adoption: "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." - Philippians 4:6-7 Also, my mantra, if you will, for this week is: "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight." - Proverbs 3:5-6

Okay, so back to my kiddies and their fun. Our little friend, Ali, reached a big milestone recently...potty-training!! She's totally got it now, so we went over on Wednesday to congratulate her. We adore sweet Ali and are so excited about her accomplishment (and I'm more than a little jealous that Mindy doesn't have to change anymore dirty toddler diapers)!

IMG_1520

Gussy enjoying a celebratory cupcake...he looks like he's in love and going in for a big smooch!

IMG_1540

On Friday afternoon, the kids enjoyed some outdoor adventures with Connell and Ruffie. It started out as good, clean fun, but that only lasted a little while, then the hose came out and the clothes came off. They had so much fun playing and then running screaming through the yard and the house. I'm so glad that Merritt doesn't mind the craziness because we all had a blast!

Still dry and sorta clean:

IMG_1592

IMG_1600

Dirty, wet, and happy:

IMG_1664

IMG_1633

IMG_1668

On Saturday morning, we went out for brunch. The kids caught a ladybug on our way to breakfast, so that was really exciting for them (see below).

IMG_1702

IMG_1708

Being silly while waiting for a table:

IMG_1732

Okay, as I was adding that picture, the kids were having a little meltdown...Gus pulled Catalina's hair, so she started crying and said, "He hurt me." So, then Gus started crying and saying, "He hurt me," because that's what Cati's doing. Fun, fun!

2 comments:

Jenny (Twin Mommy!!!) said...

Ab - we are praying for Max!!

I also have to laugh at Gus mocking, Mason does that constantly. Anytime I tell Parker no, he starts doing it. Same thing with crying. it is crazy - any tips would be greatly appreciated! love - jen

Lessen Family said...

Trusting that everything will work out! Your kids are beautiful!!!