

When we got to school, I was definitely more anxious than she was. She just strolled into her class like she owned the place. I was the embarassing mom that caused a line of parents and children behind me at the classroom door because I wouldn't stop taking pictures.




I'm not sure if her lack of smile in this next picture is because she is nervous or because she is annoyed that I'm still taking pictures at this point!

I didn't really get emotional until we went back outside, just the three of us, and Louie started gushing about our girl. He was right, she just always amazes us with her courage and her beautiful spirit. She's absolutely incredible and I know that she is going to blow them away from pre-k all the way through college (taking after her papa and her Tio Matty in that way, of course!)!
When I picked Catalina up from school, her teacher said she had a great day. And, Catalina had lots to say about all the things they did...the theme in their classroom is "circus," so they talked about the circus a bunch. She played with some kids, but couldn't remember their names (I don't blame her, I'm still trying to keep all the teacher and staff names straight!). They played on the playground. She seemed to love it all.
Unfortunately, her second day of school and Gussy's first day have been postponed due to Tropical Storm Fay. Fay is making her way toward us now, but it looks like she won't cause as big a stir as they initially thought. Hopefully just some rain and wind and no tornados.

3 comments:
She looks so big!! I can't believe she's in school!
School was closed here yesterday and today so our first day is tomorrow. The tears will be flowing as Bennett starts his first day of K. I'm not ready for this growing up business!
Sounds like a successful first day! Hang in their mommy! Before you know it she'll be flipping, running, or swimming in front of crowds! Time definitely passes to quickly. Wasn't it quiet around the house! Love, boo
Why do I always cry when I read your blog!?! I guess it is the sweet way you describe your sweet children. She looks adorable! (and so does Gus)
Post a Comment