Thursday, February 5

Cajun Country, Days 1 and 2

Last weekend, we had the great pleasure of traveling to Louisiana for a good friend’s wedding and for a visit with my extended family. It was a busy weekend, but I loved every single minute of it. My sweet mom joined us to watch the kids and, of course, to visit with her family. Here are the photo highlights of our wonderful trip (there are so many that it’s really hard for me to narrow them down, sorry).

We flew into New Orleans on Thursday. It was our first time flying with all five of us, so I was worried. Catalina and Gus, however, were perfectly behaved. I was so proud of them. It could have had something to do with the gummy worms that I used to bribe them, but, hey, whatever works.

This was Max’s last smile of the morning, he fussed and cried the rest of the trip (much to the dismay of the passengers around us):

NOLA170

Watching “Horton Hears a Who” (which Gus calls “Horton Any Who”) on the plane:

NOLA173

We met my mom at the airport, then we all drove to our hotel in Baton Rouge. My cousin, Brent, lives there, so he and his girlfriend joined us for dinner. Then, the next morning, Brent’s mom (my mom’s sister), Nanny, and my grandparents, MawMaw and PawPaw, drove over from Kaplan. It was a delight to see them with all three of my children. We had such a wonderful visit, which began with a huge breakfast of beignets. Yum!!

NOLA107

The kids loved the beignets, especially the powdered sugar on top!

NOLA115

Partners in crime, Gussy and Paw, snacking on powdered sugar:

NOLA118

Maw, Nanny, Bibi catching up:

NOLA119

They were covered in sugar!

NOLA125

I love this picture. My PawPaw is the funniest man and is constantly entertaining. He still makes me laugh just like this! I love seeing their faces smiling at him.

NOLA126

Nanny and MawMaw brought toys for the kiddos, so we spent the next day just playing in our hotel. Catalina got a purse with a cell phone and keys in it. You’ll see the shiny, pink purse in several other pictures from the weekend. She carried it everywhere!!

NOLA131

My sweet, sweet MawMaw with Catalina:

NOLA139

NOLA142

Even Max hit it off really well with them:

NOLA151

NOLA157

With Brent and his girlfriend, Ashley, Paw, Bibi, and MawMaw:

NOLA163

My Uncle Willis and cousin, Laine, joined us in Baton Rouge that afternoon. It was so kind of all of them to make the trip to see us. Here we are with the group for dinner:

NOLA165

On Saturday morning, everyone headed their separate ways. Before we left, we took a few pictures to remember our wonderful visit.

NOLA086

NOLA088

NOLA089

NOLA093

Sweet kids waving “Bye-bye!” Gus is actually sitting right beside me at the computer and he saw this picture and said, “Gussy and Cati saying “hi” to MawMaw Ella!”

NOLA094

On our way back to New Orleans!

NOLA101

I have posted way too many pictures, I know, but I loved every minute of this trip and the time we spent with my family. I’ll post the New Orleans portion of our trip on another day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures. You all look so good. The kids are precious.
Sounds like it was a wonderful trip.
Grace

Rich and Renee said...

What a beautiful family!! I want to just love on those kiddos.....you really have it together. I need some advice because I am still trying to remember things with just one. :-) Love you all.....rich, renee, and sallie

UKNat said...

I LOVED seeing all of the pictures! You didn't post too many. I'm so glad your family got a chance to meet Baby Max and visit with the rest of you. Love and miss you so much! Nat