Sunday, March 29

Hippity, hoppity, Easter's on its way...

Here in lovely Tampa, it has rained a grand total of three times in the past month or so...it rained on the day of the Gasparilla marathon and half-marathon, it rained on one of our days at Anna Maria, and it rained last Friday, the day of Catalina's class Easter egg hunt and party. We were all disappointed for the kids, but they still had plenty of fun indoors.

Working on crafts:

IMG_9597

Picking her prize during a game of "Bingo" with jelly beans:

IMG_9621

Sweet, sweet Gussy, trying his best to exercise self-control in the face of serious temptation (cupcakes, icing, and sprinkles):

IMG_9626

IMG_9627

IMG_9628

Cati and friends making good use of the aforementioned treats:

IMG_9650

Elizabeth's mama made mothers-of-three everywhere look bad with these fancy, little sandwiches. All I brought was water and Diet Coke.

IMG_9639

Pretty Cati on the playground with her Easter loot:

IMG_9658

On Saturday, we took Maxito to the fountains at Kate Jackson park for the first time. It's such a fun way to cool off during the summer and I was really excited about introducing them to Max. As you can imagine, he was a little apprehensive, but ultimately warmed up to them a little bit. You can kind of see the progression below.

Circling them, pointing at and talking about them, but just not willing to venture in just yet:

IMG_9688

A little closer with Cici, but still not ready:

IMG_9680

Trying to walk him in:

IMG_9694

Max turning around and running right back out:

IMG_9697

Eventually, Papa went in with him:

IMG_9708

IMG_9738

And, by the end, he even ventured out on his own and touched the water!

IMG_9774

IMG_9780

Here's our little curlicue after all the fun:

IMG_9793

I'm going to wrap up with a few sweet pictures from Palm Sunday. Hope y'all have a great week - Holy Week!

On our way to church:

IMG_9800

IMG_9837

They always find "beetle bugs" in this area of the breezeway at church. I took the picture, not because of the beetle bug on the ground, but because you can clearly see the shoes Gussy wore to church on Sunday.

IMG_9838

On the way home with their palm fronds (a little girl in Gussy's Sunday school class was waving her palm frond and saying "Hosan-tah" and a friend of mine from high school posted on FB today that her child thought it was "Oh, Susannah!" Too, too cute!)

IMG_9817

IMG_9839

2 comments:

UKNat said...

I think Diet Coke and water are much needed and extremely appropriate contributions!

I always love your blog entries. I love your storytelling and the precious pictures of your family. I miss and love y'all! Happy Easter!

amyj said...

I totally think Diet Coke is perfect for a preschool party. :) Gotta look out for the moms!! How fun to live in Florida..warm weather, sunny skies...ahhh.. I stole your post title. Very cute. Happy Easter!