Sunday, April 19

The rest of our Easter

Today is Gussy’s birthday and I have a lot to post about that, but, first, I want to finish our Easter pictures. If I don’t do it now, I’ll never get to them!

After Easter baskets, we walked to church. Catalina got new silver shoes to wear on Easter, so she asked me to wear my silver shoes so we’d match!

IMG_0251

The whole family at church:

IMG_0306

And, after church:

IMG_0257

IMG_0265

With our friend, Harrison, who adores Catalina (if you can’t already tell!):

IMG_0269

Opening their musical Easter cards from my Nanny (they love them and now always expect them from her):

IMG_0279

Gussy was holding his card up to his ear to hear the song and, of course, Max had to do the same thing, but I think that he thought Gussy was playing peek-a-boo!

IMG_0296

And, here they are dancing to the music (“Disco Duck!”):



We spent the afternoon at Louie’s aunt and uncles house, celebrating Easter, as well as three birthdays (Gussy’s, Abuelo Loup, and cousin Krystin). All the kids got little presents when they arrived, plus Easter baskets, then Gussy got birthday gifts! Spoiled rotten!!

IMG_0312

IMG_0322

IMG_0325

We managed to fit a swim in before the meal. It was Max’s first time in the pool. He hung on pretty tight to Louie’s neck, but I can tell that he’s going to be a fast learner.

IMG_0355

IMG_0375

IMG_0389

Now the birthday celebrations…Gussy had the most adorable “Bob the Builder” cake:

IMG_0406

He promptly ripped the decorations off so that he could dig into the icing!

IMG_0413

IMG_0414

He got great presents, including a basket ball goal and a guitar, which he pronounces “buitar.” As soon as he was finished opening presents, he crashed!

IMG_0461

We had one more Easter egg hunt, then we headed over to visit with our friend, the Greens, who were in town from D.C. Katherine’s parents live on a beautiful lake, so Keil took Will and Catalina out for a spin.

IMG_0506

Meanwhile, Louie caught a HUGE fish (ha!):

IMG_0508

And, Gussy and Mason played around the pool and in the hot tub (and Mama just chased Max around):

IMG_0523

Okay, my birthday boy is awake now, so I’ve got to run. I’m glad I got my Easter update finished so that I can move on to Gussy’s big day! Check back this week for a birthday update. Love!

5 comments:

UKNat said...

I can't wait to hear about Gus' birthday.

Bless your heart. I remember those days of chasing my 18 month old boy around. It's really all you do some days!

Kara Oosterhous said...

Ab:
They are all sooooooooo BEAUTIFUL! The greatest part is that I know they are even more beautiful on the inside than the outside (if possible) because of their precious mommy & daddy! Three are a handful aren't they??!! But worth every single minute of joy and frusteration! Hugs sweet friend. KMO

Jenny (Twin Mommy!!!) said...

Happy Birthday Gussy! I know this is late, but it sounds fabulous. You guys are such a gorgeous family. Tell me...does the chasing ever stop? : )

Anonymous said...

Love, love, love your blogs!! I feel like we know your beautiful children pretty good now! I am so glad you all had a great Easter. And tell Louie ... He and Adam can play golf with the girls the next time they are together -- I might have to go to teach them the real way to play!! Cati looks much better behaved on the course than Morgan! :) Love to you all. By the way... the children are starting to look like you two! :) Precious!!!

Anonymous said...

Sorry ... that last comment is from me! My computer is doing some "funny" things lately!!
~Ginger